Hi, I’m Cheryl White. I’ve been in the real estate business for over 30 years. I started out selling in the 70’s in Montrose, West U, and the Heights. Then I moved to Sugar Land in 1982 and set up a foreclosure division with several lenders.
After that I joined a citywide group that traveled nationally soliciting relocation business. I am a Certified Relocation Specialist and a member of the Employee Relocation Council with access to their entire network of agents and relocation departments nationwide.
Since I was so successful selling new homes to relocation buyers, earning many builder awards along the way, a new home developer asked me to head up the sales operations at Sugar Lakes in 1994. When I tool over, the sales activity in Sugar Lakes was “dead” and even though development had begun in 1983, only half of the neighborhood was developed. After my research and recommendations, we sold 11 homes the first weekend and sold out the second half of the subdivision within three years. I was responsible for the sales team and sales operations as well as the marketing for the neighborhood.
Then Taylor Woodrow (originally known as “Monarch”) decided to launch a new neighborhood called “Avalon” in Sugar Land, and I signed up as the on-site sales and marketing manager. And “Yes!” it was a big job. Especially when you consider that I was still running a very successful resale operation and closing out the last year of Sugar Lakes at the same time. It was around this time that I started my own company: Avalon Realty.
Avalon was a success even if it had a rocky start. At the time there was a general attitude with buyers and real estate agents that Avalon was not as good as First Colony. they even put signs saying “You are now leaving First Colony” at our entrance! So we fought back with signs that said, “You are now entering Paradise”! My sales and marketing efforts at Avalon were so successful that it sold out ahead of schedule.
I was with RE/MAX for 17 years, and for 15 years I was actively involved in setting up and managing new home subdivisions such as Sugar Lakes and Avalon. During that time I won many sales awards and was in the Top Ten internationally (out of 58,000 RE/MAX agents!) selling over $47 million dollars worth of homes. But then I decided to move to the up-and-coming brokerage, Keller Williams, and I never looked back.
Keller Williams is one of the most innovative and generous companies I have ever seen in this industry. I spent my first few years there as the office sales coach and trainer, using diverse real estate knowledge to train new KW agents and survive the real estate market downturn at that time. While I am not doing that any longer, I enjoyed making a contribution to the careers of so many other agents.
So in my 30 years in the real estate industry, I have worked in many different roles. I have worked in foreclosure divisions with lenders, as a national relocation specialist, as a regular sales person, and the head of a neighborhood’s sales and marketing team. I’ve spent years selling existing “resale” homes but I’ve also spent years focused on selling new construction homes for builders. Not only that, I have been an active sales and hiring manager as well as coach and trainer…helping new agents learn the business. You will have a hard time finding anyone who has the depth and breadth of real estate knowledge that I have!
But I also like to take time and support the many charities in our community. I have worked for several local charities, but my passion is the Fort Bend County Women’s Shelter and its services. I was on the main board for six years and serve on the auxiliary board at this time.
What’s more, Keller Williams has an entire division devoted to helping others and sponsors many charitable events in the community. I love working at a brokerage who is as committed to supporting the community as I am.
Besides working and volunteering, I have some exciting hobbies: scuba diving and sky diving! No, I’m not crazy…just adventurous!
I enjoy working in the real estate industry…that’s why I’ve been it for so long. I have the integrity and commitment that home owners demand. My reputation in my community and among my peers gives my clients a competitive advantage in selling their homes. And my 30 years of experience ensures that I can effectively handle any surprises or issues encountered in the process. But don’t take my word for it, read some of the things my clients have to say.
"...Thank you for all the help you gave my family during our recent relocation…we feel you always had our utmost interest at heart."
--Gary Cooper, Nalco Chemical Company
"This lady is not only a true professional when it comes to real estate, she is also a true friend…buying a home is no easy task and having someone who knows all the shortcuts…really makes the transition easier."
--Dianne Cullen, FluorDaniel Inc.
"Your quick assessment of our needs, excellent knowledge of the housing market and great planning ability made the task of finding a new home very enjoyable. You helped us find the right price range, a great location and the perfect home! Thank you for the many hours you saved us by efficiently working through the house-hunting process."
--Bill Stahl, Mine Safety Appliances Co.
"Cheryl’s marketing process is one of the most comprehensive I have seen, we were kept advised weekly of activity regarding our home. The brochures and mailers used to advertise our property were eye-catching and effective. Listing a home with Cheryl provides great service and a quick sale!"
--Mrs. D. Edwards
I stay up-to-date with the real estate business:
· Graduate of the REALTOR Institute (GRI)
· Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR)
· Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS)
· Certified Residential Specialist (CRS)
· Certified Relocation Professional (CRP)
· Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP)
· Real Estate Technology Specialist (e-PRO)
· Equity Marketing Specialist (EMS)
Awards and Honors
· Silver Award Winner for the National Homebuilders Association placing in the Top 10 for the United States in new home sales and marketing
· Greater Houston Builder's Association PRISM awards for Sales Professional of the Year, Sales Manager of the Year, and Realtor of the Year for new home sales
· Texas Association of Builders STAR Award for Sales Manager
· Texas Association of Builders STAR Award for Realtor of the Year
· National Sales and Marketing award for $31 million in sales and management volume in new construction
· Houston Business Journal's Top Independent Brokerage Firms in the Houston area, placed #10
· Houston Business Journal's top 25 agents in Houston
· RE/MAX International Award, number 9 out of 58,000 agents worldwide with $47million in personal sales
· RE/MAX National Award, number 8 in the United States
· RE/MAX Top 100 agents worldwide
· RE/MAX Top Twenty agents in Texas
· RE/MAX International Hall of Fame winner
· RE/MAX Platinum Club winner
· RE/MAX International Lifetime Achievement winner
Step by Step guidance through out the home-buying process; including market evaluation, mortgage assistance and streamlined search strategies to save the buyer time. For sellers, Avalon Realty's formula for a fast and economically sound transaction combines accurate pricing and sophisticated home showcasing with powerful marketing techniques resulting in a smooth sale. Throughout your sale we keep you informed and up to date on all activity on your home.
• Extensive New Construction Experience of Over 14 Years as a Sales Manager/On Site Agent
• Listed/Sold Over 500 New Construction Homes
• Staffing the Model Full Time with New Homes Sales Professionals will Increase Sales and Provide Better Customer Service
• Assistance with Decisions Regarding Processes and Procedures in Establishing a New Home Sales Office and Working with Construction
• Past Performance in Exceeding the Expectations of the Developer by Selling out Neighborhoods Prior to the Expected close out dates; Saving the Developer and Builders Holding Costs.
• Relieve the Developer of the Burden of Managing the Sales Team and Sales Process so he can Move on to the Next Development
|I wanted to thank you in writing for your assistance with the purchase of my home in the Mason Creek Subdivision. Yours was a tough situation, representing the former Owner and yet answering all of my quesitons concerning the house purchase and subsequent closing. Calling on me after I moved in to see if everything was okay was also a nice touch. Your honesty, frankness and fairness will continue your success.|
|Kirk and Joanna Loges|
|We felt like everything went very smooth. It was a quick processed compared to what we were expecting. She was always helpful but never pushy. Cheryl made sure we were educated before we made our decisions so we felt confident every step of the way.|
|Richard and Trudy Swanson|
|You are very experienced, caring, trustworth and treat your clients with respect as if your family. My husband trusted Cheryl. We can reach her anytime. She knows her stuff, Very caring and always gave great advice.|
Where Service & Reputation are Legendary! My 30 years of experience ensures that I can effectively handle any issues encountered in the home buying or selling process. Plus, I make it FUN!