Realtor/Broker/Owner, Real Living Home Team. Apple Valley, Knox Couty, Mount Vernon, Kenyon College, MVNU, referrals & relocations. Lifelong resident. Father of 6. Married 27 Yrs. Dedicated to clients
Get to know Dave Culbertson
Serving Apple Valley; Knox County, OH; Mount Vernon; Gambier; Howard; Fredericktown; Centerburg; Danville; and surrounding area.
If you're considering whether to hire me to assist you in selling or buying real estate, I think it's important to know a little about the person you might be hiring. After all, I'm applying for a job to work FOR YOU...You'd be my boss.
- Age 53 (I prefer to call it "forty-thirteen". )
- Happily married (27 years) father of six, ages 26 down to 16....and NOW grandfather of one (as of 5/08/08)
- In my fifteenth year as a realtor and earned my brokers license in 2006.
- Founded Real Living Home Team in November, 2006.
- Only Real Living Broker in Ohio chosen to the prestigious Ambassadors Circle (one broker from each state)
- Continually keeping up on technology, rules and laws, marketing ideas through continuing education and networking with successful Realtors nationwide.
- 2003 Graduate, Realtor Institute (GRI); Commercial Specialist Designation ‘05
- 31 Total years experience in sales & marketing & extensive internet experience.
- Million Dollar producer year after year.
- Inducted in Re/MAX Hall of Fame February 2007, prior to purchasing Real Living franchise rights.
- Years of involvement in local community & schools: Past board member of Red Cross; Past Board member, Area Development Foundation. Local School Funding Committees; Chamber of Commerce; Rotary, Jaycees; Mount Vernon High School Class of ‘74 Reunion Organizer every five years.
- Former owner & V.P. Marketing, Mount Vernon News, local daily newspaper.(1980-1991)
- Former regional marketing director, Stroh Brewing Company (1978-1980)
- Extensive background in marketing, advertising & graphics & communication.
- Vast Experience in Photography. I take great pride in the quality of our home photos & virtual tours on line.
- Surveying & drafting experience, Tracy & Mills Surveyors, (comes in handy in this business!)
- Mount Vernon H.S. Class President 3 years.
- Ohio University President of Class of '77; commencement speaker.
- Active in youth sports, school activities in the area, years of coaching, but now just sponsoring.
- Interests & Hobbies: Following the lives of our six children; remodeling & landscaping our home, politics, area high school basketball, and following career of daughter who's starting point guard on Ohio Northern Women's Basketball team. Saving of, and restoration of old historic homes is a passion of my wife and myself (Check out our office at 1485 Yauger Rd, a restored 1829 brick farmhouse). Also, I enjoy my real estate profession so much, it is a 24/365 interest of mine...I LOVE MY CAREER!
- Honest & well respected in the community...Lifelong resident that cares about the area...and my clients. I'm in it for "the long haul".
My honest, no-hassle LISTING GUARANTEE:
Regardless of the length of a listing contract, if at any time you change your mind, for whatever reason, you can void the listing immediately, no questions asked. You're the boss. This is not just a promise...it's in writing, right on the listing agreement. My company does this for one reason...IT'S YOUR HOUSE...NOT OURS.
I am Fourth Generation in this community & will always act with the highest credibility, as I plan to remain an active member of this community. I am not afraid to look my past clients straight in the eye. I receive referrals and praise from clients regularly. I also, regularly get referrals from Realtors from all over the country. I take this business seriously and am a hard-working, ethical, Christian & live by the Golden Rule.
- Favorite Sports Teams: Ohio State Football, Reds, Bengals(and now Ohio Northern Women's Basketball, as daughter, Emily is point guard on the team)
- Favorite Music: Mostly 70's Rock/Popular; such as Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Eagles & Doobie Bros....Also have been known to sneak a little modern country into the mix lately, and of course, for those of us who grew up around here, I'M A RAVING McGUFFEY LANE FAN!... (Can be seen singing in the car.)
- Favorite Car: 60's & 70's Convertible VW Bugs & 69 Camaro.
- Favorite Food: Pork Chops on the Grill, lasagna
- Favorite Pizza: Donatos Founders Pizza
- Favorite Soft Drink: Diet Pepsi MAX
- Favorite Desert: Chocolate Cream Pie
- Political Leaning: Actively Conservative (but have never let it interfere w/business)
- Regularly attend church every week
- Favorite Place to Golf: Hilton Head, SC. with my old frat brothers.
-Member of Beta Theta Pi Fraternity Still keep in touch with the old guys (and they seem to get older every year at Homecoming...glad I don't).
- Paper or Plastic? Plastic (except when school's ready to start, and I need to make book covers for my kids from the paper bags...now that's trivial!)
Office 740-393-3777 Cell or Text: 740-485-1641 Fax 740-393-1369
Dave Culbertson's Blog Posts
Apple Valley (Zip Code 43028) - I take great pride in marketing and selling all properties in Apple Valley, from $500,000+ lakefront homes to $4,000 lots. I have sold more lots in the past five years than any agent. Apple Valley Lake is a planned development started back in 1970. Of the total 3,770 acres in the development, 511 are under water forming a lake 3 1/4 miles long with 9.5 miles of shoreline. So far, more than 2500 homes have been built on the over 6,600 lots. Most lakefront lots are already developed, however, a few waterfront lots are still available. Many excellent building lots are available. Apple Valley Lake is one of the cleanest lakes in Ohio. This is because Apple Valley is served by county water and sewer. No lots have septic tanks leaching into it. Secondly, the lake is deep. At the dam the depth is over 65 feet, most of the lake runs about 50 feet deep in the middle and the average depth is 35 feet over all. Mount Vernon & Knox County - In addition to Apple Valley, My company and I serve all of Knox County and surrounding area. Our community is heaven on earth. I'm so proud of it. We have low crime, lower taxes, great schools, three colleges, a wonderful hiking/bike trail and we're close enough to the metro Columbus area for entertainment, shopping, etc. It would be my pleasure introducing anyone to our community.