South Riding, VA Real Estate News

By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, November 3, 2008, there are 58 active listings in MLS and 16 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.6, which is lower than last week's rate of 5.7. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 1 Short Sale Town Homes: 12Short sale Detached Homes: 12 Total Short Sales: 25Percent of Short Sales: 43.1% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 4Bank Owned Detached Homes: 4 Total Bank Owned: 8Percent of Bank Owned: 13.7% Total Distressed Sales: 33  Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 56.9%   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS, there were 1 new listing during the period of 10/20/2008-10/27/2008, the same amount as last week, 4 are distressed sales: To...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Loudoun County, Virginia Homes for Sale! This week I have one new listing. I have an Open house this Sunday, November 2nd from 1-4. 6535 Rockland Drive in Clifton, Virginia. Stop by and see this fabulous homes in person! 6313 Field Flower Trail in Centreville, Virginia Sold and 43901 Thorncroft Terrace in Ashburn, Virginia is now Under contract after being on the market for 2 weeks! For more information please visit my website www.dmsamson.com or call me at 703-864-4894. Thanks and have a great fall weekend!   19100 Pileated TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,217 sqft $389,000 Leesburg, VA UNDER CONTRACT 43901 Thorncroft TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms3 full/1 partial baths2,725 sqft $399,000 Ashburn, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,2...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, October 27, 2008, there are 68 active listings in MLS and 12 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 5.7, which is higher than last week's rate of 4.5. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: o Short Sale Town Homes: 12 Short sale Detached Homes: 10 Total Short Sales: 22 Percent of Short Sales: 32.4% Bank Owned Condos: 1 Bank Owned Town Homes: 6 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 12   Percent of Bank Owned: 17.6% Total Distressed Sales: 34Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 50.0% NEW LISTINGS According to MLS, there were 5 new listings during the period of 10/20/2008-10/27/2008, the same amount as last week, 4 are distressed sale...
Comments 0
By Chris Ann Cleland, Associate Broker, Bristow, VA
(Long and Foster REALTORS®, Gainesville, VA)
I have had more than my share of disappointment from the Ruby Tuesday restaurant chain.  I live closest to the Gainesville location, and not too far from the Manassas location.  Since these are close, I go there when I want a rather guilt-free meal out (I love a salad bar).  However, I always end up disappointed. Last night my husband and I were out and about in the Chantilly area for an event.  Afterward, we were starving, and decided to stop by (begrudgingly) to Ruby Tuesday in South Riding.  Again, our expectations are usually set very low...so we weren't exactly looking forward to it, but knew we wouldn't leave hungry. WOW!  This location of Ruby Tuesday is OUTSTANDING!  It started with the staff.  Geniunely friendly and happy to help.  They didn't seem put out at all that we were s...
Comments 10
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Loudoun County, Virginia Homes for Sale! This week I have one new listing. 19100 Pileated Terrace in Leesburg, Virginia. This gorgeous townhouse has 3 BR, 2.55 BA and is like new!  I also have two Open houses this Sunday, October 26th from 1-4. 25495 Gover Drive in South Riding, Virginia and 6535 Rockland Drive in Clifton, Virginia. Stop by and see these fabulous homes in person! For more information please visit my website www.dmsamson.com or call me at 703-864-4894. Thanks and have a great fall weekend!   JUST LISTED 19100 Pileated TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,217 sqft $389,000 Leesburg, VA 43901 Thorncroft TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms3 full/1 partial baths2,725 sqft $399,000 Ashburn, VA OPEN SUNDAY 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial ba...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTIONAs of today, October 20 , 2008, there are 67 active listings in MLS and 15 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 4.5, which is higher than last week's rate of 4.4. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:Short Sale Condos: 0Short Sale Town Homes: 12Short sale Detached Homes: 11Total Short Sales: 23Percent of Short Sales: 34.3%Bank Owned Condos: 0Bank Owned Town Homes: 5Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5Total Bank Owned: 11Percent of Bank Owned: 16.4%Total Distressed Sales: 34Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 50.7% NEW LISTINGSAccording to MLS, there were 11 new listings during the period of 10/13/2008-10/20/2008, the same amount as last week, 7 are distressed sales: Town Homes...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
  Just listed this week a 3 BR townhouse in South Riding, Virginia, a 3 BR Townhouse is Ashburn, Virginia (pics coming soon) and a 5 Bedroom home in Clifton, Virginia. JUST LISTED 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $369,000 Chantilly, VA JUST LISTED 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $637,000 Clifton, VA UNDER CONTRACT 6313 Field Flower TrailTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths1,840 sqft $320,000 Centreville, VA 5650 Lick River LaneSingle Family House 7 bedrooms5 full/1 partial baths5,390 sqft $679,000 Gainesville, VA 2968 Cyrandall Valley RoadTownhouse 3 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths1,400 sqft $349,900 Oakton, VA UNDER CONTRACT 43443 Katling SquareSingle Family House 4 bedrooms3 full/1 partial bath...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION I hope everyone enjoyed the Columbus Day Holiday, and took some extra time to do the things which are important to you.As of today, October 13 , 2008, there are 62 active listings in MLS and 14 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 4.4, which is higher than last week's rate of 4.1. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:Short Sale Condos: 0Short Sale Town Homes: 8Short sale Detached Homes: 9Total Short Sales: 17Percent of Short Sales: 27.4%  Bank Owned Condos: 0                                                                                                               Bank Owned Town Homes: 5Bank Owned Detached Homes: 2Total Bank Owned: 7Percent of Bank Owned: 11.3% T...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Sunday, October 26, 20082:00pm - 4:00pmTown Green, FREE             Halloween Parade & FestivitiesTown Green Start off the festivities with a spooktacular parade and end up on the Town Green.  Hundreds will wait to greet the parade participants.  Craft and goody booths will be there to hand out treats, the magic show will be incredible and the petting zoo animals will be happy to see everyone!  Be sure to visit the photo gallery to see all the incredibly creative costumes from last year!  Can your costume this year win first place? Parade line up begins at 1:00 at the Design/Sales Center off South Riding Blvd and Stonewall Pond Drive.  The parade comes down Planting Field Dr and makes a right turn onto Center Street.  It's a little more than a mile. 
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
This week I have a rental listed in Alexandria. 191 Somervelle Street #105 in Cameron Station, Alexandria. It is an elegant 2 BR/2BA Condo and is available for a 6-9 month lease. Coming Soon are 3 new properties. A SFH in Clifton and Townhouses in Chantilly and Ashburn. Please call me for more information on any of these fine properties at 703-864-4894. UNDER CONTRACT 6313 Field Flower TrailTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths1,840 sqft $320,000 Centreville, VA 5650 Lick River LaneSingle Family House 7 bedrooms5 full/1 partial baths5,390 sqft $679,000 Gainesville, VA 2968 Cyrandall Valley RoadTownhouse 3 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths1,400 sqft $349,900 Oakton, VA UNDER CONTRACT 43443 Katling SquareSingle Family House 4 bedrooms3 full/1 partial baths2,609 sqft $439,999 South Ridin...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
IntroductionWelcome to the Q3 sales summary for South Riding. My goal is to make the real estate data relevant to the award winning community we live in. I will continue to post Weekly Updates by end of the day Tuesday which will feature the newly active homes from the previous week, homes going under contract from the previous week, as well as sold homes which went to record the previous week for South Riding. You can also link from my website as well. I hope you find this blog useful in helping you understand what the market is doing. Feel free to email me with any questions.To see Q1 Summary click here. To see Q2 Summary click here. Quick SummaryNumber of Resale Homes Sold in 2007 Q3: 87Number of Resale Homes Sold in 2008 Q3: 78 Change: 10.5% decreaseAverage List Price in 2007 Q3: $5...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, October 6 , 2008, there are 58 active listings in MLS and 14 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 4.1, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.8. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:  Short Sale Condos: 0Short Sale Town Homes: 7Short sale Detached Homes: 8Total Short Sales: 15 Percent of Short Sales: 25.9% Bank Owned Condos: 0Bank Owned Town Homes: 4Bank Owned Detached Homes: 2 Total Bank Owned: 6 Percent of Bank Owned: 10.3% Total Distressed Sales: 21 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 36.2%   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS, there were 3 new listings during the period of 9/29/2008-10/06/2008, the same amount as last week, 2 are distressed sales: Town...
Comments 0
By Konnie Mac McCarthy, Broker/Owner - VA & MD "Time To Get A Move On!"
(MacNificent Properties, LLC)
We have seen a lot happening in the stock market and with many of the banks failing, but for those of us in the trenches, it is business as usual.  Homes are selling and we agents just keep on moving!  If you are looking for a home for sale in South Riding, Virginia, join the other 5 home buyers who currently have contracts due to settle in the next 45 days.   There are currently 34 single family homes for sale in SouthRiding.  Prices are great...believe it or not lenders want to make loans!  It's a great time to be a buyer!... To find a home for sale in Northern Virginia call me..Konnie McKee 703 407 7088, to search the MLS for free head on over to my website www.KonnieMac.com  Your Northern Virginia Realtor 703 407 7088 Konnie Mac FREE No Strings attached...search MLS to to www.Konnie...
Comments 0
By Konnie Mac McCarthy, Broker/Owner - VA & MD "Time To Get A Move On!"
(MacNificent Properties, LLC)
We have seen a lot happening in the stock market and with many of the banks failing, but for those of us in the trenches, it is business as usual.  Homes are selling and we agents just keep on moving!  If you are looking for a home for sale in South Riding, Virginia, join the other 18 home buyers who currently have contracts due to settle in the next 45 days.   There are currently 34 single family homes for sale in SouthRiding.  Prices are great...believe it or not lenders want to make loans!  It's a great time to be a buyer!... To find a home for sale in Northern Virginia call me..Konnie McKee 703 407 7088, to search the MLS for free head on over to my website www.KonnieMac.com  Your Northern Virginia Realtor 703 407 7088 Konnie Mac FREE No Strings attached...search MLS to to www.Konni...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTIONAs of today, September 29 , 2008, there are 64 active listings in MLS and 17 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.8, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.2. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes:11 Short sale Detached Homes: 6 Total Short Sales: 17Percent of Short Sales: 26.6%Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 4 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 3 Total Bank Owned: 7 Percent of Bank Owned: 10.9%Total Distressed Sales: 24 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 37.5% NEW LISTINGSAccording to MLS, there were 7 new listings during the period of 9/22/2008-9/29/2008, the same amount as last week, 3 area distressed sales:Town H...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Hi All, Here is a great article concerning recent financial market news. Hoping this will help keep you informed! NEW YORK, Sept 19 (Reuters) - Interest rates on 30-year fixed-rate mortgages climbed on Friday as a result of news of a sweeping U.S. government plan to contain the credit crisis. The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rose to near 6.25 percent on Friday versus 6.16 percent on Thursday and 5.875 percent on Tuesday when the global credit crises was in full swing, according to Greg McBride, senior financial analyst at Bankrate, Inc, in North Palm Beach, Florida. "The revelation that the Treasury plans to take certain debt off the books of financial institutions helped push mortgage rates higher," he said. "Mortgage rates, however, are still low enough and are not a barrier to afforda...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION  As of today, September 22 , 2008, there are 61 active listings in MLS and 19 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.2, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.1. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0Short Sale Town Homes: 9 Short sale Detached Homes: 6Total Short Sales: 15 Percent of Short Sales: 24.6% Bank Owned Condos: 1Bank Owned Town Homes: 5 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 4 Total Bank Owned: 10Percent of Bank Owned: 16.4% Total Distressed Sales: 24Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 39.3%  NEW LISTINGS According to MLS, there were 4 new listings during the period of 9/15/2008-9/22/2008, the same amount as last week, 2 area distressed sales: T...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
The Buyers are out there... Ratified Buyers this week: 191 Somervelle Street in Alexandria, VA was listed for $409,990. This luxurious 2 BR Condo is located in Cameron Station and has stunning finishes. 25472 Crossfield Drive in South Riding was listed for $395,000. This 4 BR Single family home includes a finished LL, HW floors and more. Closed Buyers: 25303 Justice Drive in South Riding Closed last week. This beautiful new construction single family home located in the Glenn at South Riding Station featured 4 BR, 4.5 BA and included many upgrades. I recently closed with a Buyer in Centreville. 5105A Travis Edward Way closed for $310,000. This 2 Level, 2 BR, 1 Car Garage condo is located in the Stonegate at Faircrest. A great community close to Fair Lakes, 29, 66 and 28. If you are inte...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION  As of today, September 15 , 2008, there are 62 active listings in MLS and 20 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.1, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.0. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 8 Short sale Detached Homes: 6 T otal Short Sales: 14 Percent of Short Sales: 22.6% Bank Owned Condos: 1 Bank Owned Town Homes: 7 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 2 Total Bank Owned: 10 Percent of Bank Owned: 16.1% Total Distressed Sales: 24 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 38.7%   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS, there were 4 new listings during the period of 9/8/2008-9/15/2008, 3 more than last week, 1 is a distressed sale:  Co...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
  Oktoberfest September 27, 200811:00am - 7:00pmTown Green           Our Oktoberfest is not just an event...it's a feeling, a spirit, a joyous mood combined with the warmth and friendship of South Riding. The date of this highly anticipated event is Saturday, September 27th from 11am - 7pm.  We've extended the event by one hour since the residents have a difficult time leaving the Town Green.   We've brought back the Continentals, one of the best high energy polka bands in the areas and have invited the Alt Washingtonia Schuhplattler Verein (The original Bavarian Dance Club of Washington, D.C.) to join us on stage. They do far more than dance, they put on an entire show, both educational and very entertaining. Children and adults alike will want to join in. Then at 5:00PM don't miss our...
Comments 0
Explore South Riding, VA
South Riding, VA Real Estate Professionals