South Riding, VA Real Estate News

By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, December 29, 2008, there are 50 active listings in MLS and 17 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 2.9, which is lower than last week's rate of 3.3. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 11 Short Sale Detached Homes: 9 Total Short Sales: 20 Percent of Short Sales: 40%  Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 6 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5Total Bank Owned: 11 Percent of Bank Owned: 22% Total Distressed Sales: 31 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 62% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 2 new listings added ...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !! INTRODUCTION As of today, December 22, 2008, there are 53 active listings in MLS and 16 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.3, which is lower than last week's rate of 4.6. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 10 Short sale Detached Homes: 10 Total Short Sales: 20 Percent of Short Sales: 37.7% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 7 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 12 Percent of Bank Owned: 22.6%   Total Distressed Sales: 32Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 60.4% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there ...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Last week my buyer closed on 14812 Hickory Post in Centreville.  This beautiful 4BR Single family home was listed for $700,000.   If you are interested in looking for or selling your home, please contact me. Donny and Meredith SamsonSamson RealtyAssociate BrokerNVAR Top ProducerDirect 703-864-48944 - 4 1/2% Full Service ListingsCash Back to my homebuyershttp://www.dmsamson.com/
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Listings for the week of December 18th. We just wanted to send out wishes to everyone for a happy and safe Holiday Season!  Donny & Meredith   43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,200/month Broadlands, VA UNDER CONTRACT 8301 Glade Bank DriveTownhouse 4 bedrooms3 full/0 partial baths2,941 sqft No pets $2,000/month Manassas, VA 2968 Cyrandall Valley RoadTownhouse 3 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths1,400 sqft $349,900 Oakton, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $619,000 Clifton, VA UNDER CONTRACT 5650 Lick River LaneSingle Family House 7 bedrooms5 full/1 partial baths5,390 sqft $679,000 Gainesvi...
Comments 0
By Bobby Samson
(Samson Realty)
NOVA Market Ranking Top 10 Markets Dec-08 Ranking Market % of Properties Under Contract #1 Gainesville $200,000-$300,000 52% #2 Sterling 100000-200000 49% #3 Manassas 100000-200000 45% #4 Springfield 200000-300000 44% #5 Annandale 200000-300000 43% #6 Manassas 70000-100000 43% #7 Herndon 200000-300000 42% #8 Fair Lakes 300000-400000 42% #9 Sterling 200000-300000 41% #10 Gainesville $300,000-$400,000 40% #11 Haymarket $200,000-$350,000 39% #12 Chantilly $200,000-$300,000 39% #13 Ashburn $100,000-$200,000 38% #14 Manassas 200000-300000 38% #15 Centreville 300000-500000 37% #16 Ashburn $200,000-$350,000 37% #17 Centreville 200000-300000 36% #18 Burke 200000-300000 36% #19 South Riding/East Aldie $200,000-$300,000 36% #20 Leesburg $100,000-$200,000 35% #21 Sterling 400000-550000 35% #22 An...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, December 15, 2008, there are 55 active listings in MLS and 12 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 4.6, which is lower than last week's rate of 5.1. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 13 Short sale Detached Homes: 8 Total Short Sales: 21 Percent of Short Sales: 38.2% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 6 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 11 Percent of Bank Owned: 20% Total Distressed Sales: 32 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 58.2% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 1 new listing add...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Home for the Holidays -- December 14th South Riding Center ~ 12-4pm ~ 42420 Unicorn Drive The South Riding Center is ready inside and out for a bit of our old fashioned Winterfest with children singing, musicians playing, characters roaming and maybe a few surprises - possibly even Mother Nature providing us with her own special adornment.  This year activities will be taking place indoors and out to accommodate any winter weather that may come our way.  We will be ready for Santa no matter what as we bring him "Home for the Holidays" in our warm and cozy living room at the South Riding Center.  Be sure to visit Santa's magic workshop brought to you by Discovery Station Learning Center. Make a holiday craft with the help of Santa's helpers that is yours for the keeping. Don't forget yo...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Dec 1 - Jan 6Christmas at Mount Vernon Mount Vernon is decking the halls with a special new daytime program, Christmas at Mount Vernon. Exciting attractions include a dozen themed Christmas trees, a gingerbread Mount Vernon mansion created by former White House pastry chef Roland Mesnier, historical chocolate-making demonstrations, 18th-century dancing, and a real Christmas camel - just like George Washington had on the grounds in 1787! 703.780.2000. http://Visit.MountVernon.org.     Donny and Meredith SamsonSamson RealtyAssociate BrokerNVAR Top ProducerDirect 703-864-48944 - 4 1/2% Full Service ListingsCash Back to my homebuyershttp://www.dmsamson.com/
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
  UNDER CONTRACT5650 Lick River Lane, Gainesville, VA, 20155 United States  $679,000    MLS# PW6851639 List Date 8/21/2008 Type Single-family Style Colonial Bedrooms 7 Bathrooms 5 Bathrooms-Partial 1 Square Footage 5390 Lot Size .51 Age 5 Parking 2 Quarterly Condo Fees $138.00             REQUEST MORE INFO   SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT   Luxurious 7 Bedroom, 5.5 Bath, 2 Car Garage Single Family Home. Located on a premium .51 acre lot that backs to woods. Professionally landscaped yard w/in-ground sprinkler system, invisible fence, stone patio and custom pool. Gourmet Kitchen w/granite, cooktop, double wall oven and more. Morning Room, Laundry Room, Study. Family Room w/gas fireplace. Grand Master suite w/sitting room, double sided gas fireplace, master bath w/Jacuzzi tub. Finished Attic wit...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Listings for the week of December 10th. This week 5650 Lick River Lane in Gainesville went under contract. For more information of any of my listings please visit www.dmsamson.com   43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,200/month Broadlands, VA UNDER CONTRACT 8301 Glade Bank DriveTownhouse 4 bedrooms3 full/0 partial baths2,941 sqft No pets $2,000/month Manassas, VA 19100 Pileated TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,217 sqft $389,000 Leesburg, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $619,000 Clifton, VA UNDER CONTRACT 5650 Lick River LaneSingle Family House 7 bedrooms5 full/1 part...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, December 8, 2008, there are 61 active listings in MLS and 12 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 5.1, which is lower than last week's rate of 5.2. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0Short Sale Town Homes: 13Short sale Detached Homes: 12Total Short Sales: 25Percent of Short Sales: 41% Bank Owned Condos: 0Bank Owned Town Homes: 5Bank Owned Detached Homes: 9                                                                                                  Total Bank Owned: 14Percent of Bank Owned: 23% Total Distressed Sales: 39Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 63.9% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these S...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
  Rates are at 2008 Low's!!!!! Hi All,Now is the time. Rates have dropped across the board to 2008 lows. Look below and see what this means. This means you could go from a $570K loan to a $630K loan with the same payment. Now that's buying power! Mortgage Interest Rates* Rates as of Saturday, 29th November, 2008:   Conforming APR Payment per$1,000 Jumbo APR Payment per$1,000 30 Year Fixed 5.5% 5.658% $5.68 5.75% 5.933% $5.84 30/10 Year Interest Only 5.75% 5.910% $4.79 6.25% 6.438% $5.21 5/1 Libor Arm 6.000% 6.163% $6.00 6.250% 6.438% $6.16 5/1 Libor Arm IO 6.125% 6.289% $5.10 6.750% 6.944% $5.63 FHA below $362K 30 yr fixed 5.5% 5.658% $5.68 % 0.000% $0.00 FHA above $362K 30 yr fixed 5.5% 5.658% $5.68 % 0.000% $0.00     *Rates are subject to change due to market fluctuations and borrower...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, December 1, 2008, there are 57 active listings in MLS and 11 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 5.2, which is higher than last week's rate of 4.0. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 9 Short Sale Detached Homes: 10 Total Short Sales: 19 Percent of Short Sales: 29.8% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 6 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 9 Total Bank Owned: 15 Percent of Bank Owned: 26.3% Total Distressed Sales: 34 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 59.7% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were NO NEW listings a...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
30 Year Fixed hits 1 year low. The FED announced a $600B infusion of capital into mortgage bank securities. Rates dropped as much as .5% this morning. See Article Below from the Wall Street Journal... November 25, 2008, 8:21 am For release at 8:15 a.m. EST The Federal Reserve Board on Tuesday announced the creation of the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF), a facility that will help market participants meet the credit needs of households and small businesses by supporting the issuance of asset-backed securities (ABS) collateralized by student loans, auto loans, credit card loans, and loans guaranteed by the Small Business Administration (SBA). Under the TALF, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) will lend up to $200 billion on a non-recourse basis to holders of c...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, November 24, 2008, there are 60 active listings in MLS and 15 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 4.0, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.6. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 11 Short sale Detached Homes: 11 Total Short Sales: 22 Percent of Short Sales: 36.7% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 3 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 9 Total Bank Owned: 12 Percent of Bank Owned: 20% Total Distressed Sales: 34Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 56.7% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 4 new listings a...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTIONAs of today, November 17, 2008, there are 61 active listings in MLS and 17 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.6, which is higher than last week's rate of 2.8. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 13 Short sale Detached Homes: 11 Total Short Sales: 24 Percent of Short Sales: 39.3% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 3 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 8 Total Bank Owned: 11  Percent of Bank Owned: 18% Total Distressed Sales: 35 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 57.4% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding homes for SaleNEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 9 new listings adde...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
      Below are my featured listings for this week, November 17th.  6535 Rockland Drive in Clifton lowwed their price to $619,000 and 25495 Gover Drive reduced to $359,900. For more information on any of my listings please visit my website www.dmsamson.com   Featured: 7BD/5BA Single Family House Gainesville, VA $679,000     19100 Pileated TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,217 sqft $389,000 Leesburg, VA UNDER CONTRACT 43901 Thorncroft TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms3 full/1 partial baths2,725 sqft $399,000 Ashburn, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $619,000 Clifton, VA 5650 Lick River Lane  Single Family House 7 bedrooms5 full/1 parti...
Comments 0
By Donny Samson Team, Great Service at a Great Price
(Samson Properties)
25495 Gover Dr, South Riding, VA Offered at $359,900 Well maintained 3 BR/2.5 BA TH w/Detached 2 Car Garage. 2,200 fin sq.ft! Beautiful Kit w/Brand New Granite c-tops. Lux MBR w/his&her walk-in closets, sep.shower/soaking tub. Walk thru DR to Kit. FR w/elegant gas FP, w/built-ins. BR Level Laundry Rm. Top floor Rec.Room. Courtyard w/wood deck. Wrapped vinyl siding. Popular Regents model overlooks park. Great South Riding Location!!
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTIONAs of today, November 10, 2008, there are 53 active listings in MLS and 19 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 2.8, which is lower than last week's rate of 3.6. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 12 Short sale Detached Homes: 10 Total Short Sales: 22 Percent of Short Sales: 41.5% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 3 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 8 Percent of Bank Owned: 15.1% Total Distressed Sales: 30 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 56.6% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding homes for Sale. NEW LISTINGSAccording to MLS there were NO NEW listings add...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Loudoun County, Virginia Homes for Sale! This week I have an Open house this Sunday, November 9th from 1-4. 6535 Rockland Drive in Clifton, Virginia. Stop by and see this fabulous homes in person! For more information please visit my website www.dmsamson.com or call me at 703-864-4894. Thanks and don't forget to get out there and vote!   19100 Pileated TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,217 sqft $389,000 Leesburg, VA UNDER CONTRACT 43901 Thorncroft TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms3 full/1 partial baths2,725 sqft $399,000 Ashburn, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $369,000 Chantilly, VA OPEN SUNDAY 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $637,000 Clifton, VA SOLD 6313 Field Flower TrailTo...
Comments 0
Explore South Riding, VA
South Riding, VA Real Estate Professionals