South Riding, VA Real Estate News

By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, there are 57 active listings in MLS and 25 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 2.3, which is higher than last week's rate of 2.8. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 11 Short Sale Detached Homes:10 Total Short Sales: 21 Percent of Short Sales: 36.8% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 1 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 12 Total Bank Owned: 13 Percent of Bank Owned: 22.8% Total Distressed Sales: 34 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 59.7% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 3 new listings added to mls for ...
Comments 0
By Konnie Mac McCarthy, Broker/Owner - VA & MD "Time To Get A Move On!"
(MacNificent Properties, LLC)
One of the great things about Loudoun County, Virginia, is the county has spared no expense on community centers.  The Dulles South Multipurpose Center is one such facility.  Most of the communities surrounding our area, have their own amenities, so having this facility also is an added bonus. This center offers a wide variety of activities for all ages: preschool classes, licensed daycare, after school programs, a Senior Cafe'......  The building is still a work in progress, phase I of III complete, but when it is said and done...it will house a swimming pool, senior center, large gym, fitness center 24950 Riding Center DriveSouth Riding, VA 20152Paul Goudeau, ManagerPhone: 571-258-3456Fax: 571-258-3457Hours: Mon-Fri: 7 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.    If you are looking for a Home in South Riding,...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Now is the time to Buy a Home in Northern Virginia! Below is just a few of the amazing properties currently on the market. Move in ready homes that are seller owned and foreclosures. The estimates are monthly payment and down payments based on 5% Interest. Don't miss this opportunity! Low Money down and no closing cost! If you are interested or have questions please call my direct line 703-864-4894 or email me at donnysamson@hotmail.com   Donny and Meredith SamsonSamson RealtyAssociate BrokerNVAR Top ProducerDirect 703-864-48944 - 4 1/2% Full Service ListingsCash Back to my homebuyershttp://www.dmsamson.com/
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
  5650 Lick River Lane, Gainesville, VA, 20155 United States $679,000    MLS# PW6851639 List Date 8/21/2008 Type Single-family Style Colonial Bedrooms 7 Bathrooms 5 Bathrooms-Partial 1 Square Footage 5390 Lot Size .51 Age 5 Parking 2 Quarterly Condo Fees $138.00             Luxurious 7 Bedroom, 5.5 Bath, 2 Car Garage Single Family Home. Located on a premium .51 acre lot that backs to woods. Professionally landscaped yard w/in-ground sprinkler system, invisible fence, stone patio and custom pool. Gourmet Kitchen w/granite, cooktop, double wall oven and more. Morning Room, Laundry Room, Study. Family Room w/gas fireplace. Grand Master suite w/sitting room, double sided gas fireplace, master bath w/Jacuzzi tub. Finished Attic with Bedroom, full bath and sitting room. Finished Lower Level ...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTIONAs of today, there are 64 active listings in MLS and 23 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 2.8, which is higher than last week's rate of 4.1. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows:Short Sale Condos: 0Short Sale Town Homes: 15Short Sale Detached Homes:10Total Short Sales: 25Percent of Short Sales: 39.1%Bank Owned Condos: 0Bank Owned Town Homes: 1Bank Owned Detached Homes: 13Total Bank Owned: 14Percent of Bank Owned: 21.9%Total Distressed Sales: 39Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 60.9%Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for SaleNEW LISTINGSAccording to MLS there were 11 new listings added to mls for the week of 2/2/2...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Homes for Sale - Feb 5th Featured this week is 10210 Bushman Drive #304 in Oakton, VA. This 1 BR Condo has many upgrades and is close to the vienna metro. New last week was 42211 Terrazzo Terrace #502 in Stone Ridge, VA. This gorgeous 3 BR TH has tons of upgrades and is listed for $265,000. For more information on any of my listings please visit www.dmsamson.com   10210 Bushman Drive #304Condo 1 bedrooms1 full/0 partial baths920 sqft $199,900 Oakton, VA 1712 Lake Shore Crest Drive #3Condo 2 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths966 sqft No pets $1,550/month Reston, VA RENTED 43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,100/month Broadlands, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockl...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, there are 61 active listings in MLS and 15 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 4.1, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.9. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 12 Short Sale Detached Homes:10 Total Short Sales: 22 Percent of Short Sales: 36.1% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 4 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 10 Total Bank Owned: 14 Percent of Bank Owned: 22.9% Total Distressed Sales: 36 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 69% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 12 new listings added to mls for t...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Homes for Sale - Jan 29th New this week: 42211 Terrazzo Terrace #502 in Stone Ridge, VA. This gorgeous 3 BR TH has tons of upgrades and is listed for $265,000. Also this week 43225 Highgrove Terrace is Rented! For more information on any of my listings please visit www.dmsamson.com   10210 Bushman Drive #304Condo 1 bedrooms1 full/0 partial baths920 sqft $199,900 Oakton, VA 1712 Lake Shore Crest Drive #3Condo 2 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths966 sqft No pets $1,550/month Reston, VA RENTED 43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,100/month Broadlands, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $619,000 C...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Finding the Right Lender... If you're like most buyers, a home is the most expensive purchase you'll ever make, and you'll probably need some form of financing. There are many lending institutions that offer a variety of mortgage products. I have worked with many different lenders and lending institutions in my career and highly recommend Kevin Haddon and Wells Fargo.  Kevin has done numerous loans for me personally and dozens of loans for my clients.  Using a trusted lender like Kevin is invaluable to you the purchaser.  He gives great rates and you can can count on him to be on time to settlement with no suprise fees or settlement day disappointments.  You can contact Kevin by phone at work 703-378-2378, cell 571-212-5524 or by e-mail at Kevin.haddon@wellsfargo.com.   Use the mortgag...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, there are 50 active listings in MLS and 13 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.9, which is higher than last week's rate of 3.1. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 11 Short Sale Detached Homes:11 Total Short Sales: 22 Percent of Short Sales: 44% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 3 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 6 Total Bank Owned: 9 Percent of Bank Owned: 18% Total Distressed Sales: 31 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 62%   Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 7 new listings added to mls for the we...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured South Riding Virginia Homes for Sale, for this week, January 21st. This sunday from 1-4 25495 Gover Drive is holding an open house.  Please stop by and check out this gorgeous home. For more information on any of these listings please visit www.dmsamson.com 10210 Bushman Drive #304Condo 1 bedrooms1 full/0 partial baths920 sqft $199,900 Oakton, VA 1712 Lake Shore Crest Drive #3Condo 2 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths966 sqft No pets $1,550/month Reston, VA 43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,100/month Broadlands, VA OPEN SUNDAY 1-4 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,394 sqft $619,000 Clifton, VA UNDER ...
Comments 0
By Donny Samson Team, Great Service at a Great Price
(Samson Properties)
Open House this Sunday, January 25th, from 1-4! 25495 Gover Dr, South Riding, VA Offered at $359,900 Well maintained 3 BR/2.5 BA TH w/Detached 2 Car Garage. 2,200 fin sq.ft! Beautiful Kit w/Brand New Granite c-tops. Lux MBR w/his&her walk-in closets, sep.shower/soaking tub. Walk thru DR to Kit. FR w/elegant gas FP, w/built-ins. BR Level Laundry Rm. Top floor Rec.Room. Courtyard w/wood deck. Wrapped vinyl siding. Popular Regents model overlooks park. Great South Riding Location!!
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, there are 44 active listings in MLS and 14 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 3.1, which is higher than last week's rate of 2.9. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 8 Short Sale Detached Homes:10 Total Short Sales: 18 Percent of Short Sales: 40.9% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 3 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 8 Percent of Bank Owned: 18.2% Total Distressed Sales: 26 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 59.1% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 8 new listings added to mls for the...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
Introduction Welcome to South Riding 2008 year in Review. The data being used is for resales, ie no new construction sales from the builder was used in my calculations, additionally not all For Sale By Owner data is entered into mls. My goal is to make the real estate data relevant to the award winning community we live in. I will continue to post Weekly Updates by end of the day Monday which will feature the newly active homes from the previous week, homes going under contract from the previous week, as well as sold homes which went to record the previous week for South Riding. You can also link from my website as well. I hope you find this blog useful in helping you understand what the market is doing. Feel free to email me with any questions. I am also including links to the Quartely...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Featured Northern Virginia Homes for sale for this week, January 14th.   This week, both 1712 Lake Shore Crest Drive #3 and 43225 Highgrove Terrace have reduced their monthly rent. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog. For more information on any of my listings please visit www.dmsamson.com   10210 Bushman Drive #304Condo 1 bedrooms1 full/0 partial baths920 sqft $199,900 Oakton, VA REDUCED 1712 Lake Shore Crest Drive #3Condo 2 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths966 sqft No pets $1,550/month Reston, VA REDUCED 43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,100/month Broadlands, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA UNDER CONTRACT 5650 Lick River LaneSingle Family House 7 bedrooms5 full/1 pa...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, there are 46 active listings in MLS and 16 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 2.9, which is higher than last week's rate of 2.4. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 9 Short Sale Detached Homes:13 Total Short Sales: 22 Percent of Short Sales: 47.8% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 3 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 8 Percent of Bank Owned: 17.4% Total Distressed Sales: 30 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 65.2% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there were 5 new listings added to mls for the...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
Oakton, Virginia Homes for Sale New Price! $347,000 2968 Cyrandall Valley Road, Oakton, Virginia, 22124 Charming 3 Bedroom, 1.5 Bath Townhouse. This House Shines! Great Oakton Location! Walk to the Vienna Metro from this wonderful Townhouse  with easy access to 66, 495, 29, 50 & 123. Beautifully updated Baths & Kitchen. Open Floor Plan with hardwood floors, wood blinds & custom fixtures. Appliances, Roof, Carpet, Fence & Patio only a few years old. New water heater. Great Schools, Parks and Shopping.  
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
IntroductionWelcome to the Q4 sales summary for South Riding. The data being used is for resales, ie no new construction sales from the builder was used in my calculations, additionally not all For Sale By Owner data is entered into mls. My goal is to make the real estate data relevant to the award winning community we live in. I will continue to post Weekly Updates by end of the day Monday which will feature the newly active homes from the previous week, homes going under contract from the previous week, as well as sold homes which went to record the previous week for South Riding. You can also link from my website as well. I hope you find this blog useful in helping you understand what the market is doing. Feel free to email me with any questions.To see Q1 Summary click here. To see Q...
Comments 0
By Mark Murad, Virginia Realtor-Loudoun/Fairfax/PW (703)623-7626
(Samson Properties)
INTRODUCTION As of today, there are 43 active listings in MLS and 18 homes that went under contract in the past 30 days. This gives us a current absorption rate of 2.4, which is lower than last week's rate of 2.9. The number of distressed sales out of the total actives and the breakdown is as follows: Short Sale Condos: 0 Short Sale Town Homes: 9 Short Sale Detached Homes:10 Total Short Sales: 19 Percent of Short Sales: 44.2% Bank Owned Condos: 0 Bank Owned Town Homes: 4 Bank Owned Detached Homes: 5 Total Bank Owned: 9 Percent of Bank Owned: 20.9% Total Distressed Sales: 28 Percent of Total Distressed Sales: 65.1% Contact me if you would like additional information on any of these South Riding Homes for Sale   NEW LISTINGS According to MLS there was 1 new listing added to mls for the we...
Comments 0
By Donny & Meredith Samson
(Samson Properties)
  Featured Northern Virginia Homes for Sale - for the week of Dec 29th New this week is 1712 Lake Shore Crest Dr. #3. This 2 BR condo has many recent updates and is walking distance to the Reston Town Center. Listed for $1,600/Month. For more information please visit www.dmsamson.com Have A Safe and Happy New Year!! Donny and Meredith Samson Featured: 7BD/5BA Single Family House Gainesville, VA $679,000 JUST LISTED 1712 Lake Shore Crest Drive #3Condo 2 bedrooms1 full/1 partial baths966 sqft No pets $1,600/month Reston, VA 43225 Highgrove TerraceTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/2 partial baths2,416 sqft No pets $2,200/month Broadlands, VA 25495 Gover DriveTownhouse 3 bedrooms2 full/1 partial baths2,200 sqft $359,900 Chantilly, VA 6535 Rockland DriveSingle Family House 5 bedrooms2 full/1 partia...
Comments 0
Explore South Riding, VA
South Riding, VA Real Estate Professionals