Patterson, CA Real Estate News

By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - August 2012 -Patterson Ca -    The sales figures for Patterson Ca for August 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Patterson.   Total Sales - 27  (31 Homes sold in August 2011)   Bank owned Sales - 11  which was 41% of all sales.   Short Sales - 6 which was 22% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 63% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Patterson during August 2012 was $91,000.      The highest price home sold in Patterson during August 2012 was $243,888   The median home price in Patterson during August 2012 was $150,000   The average days on the market was 41.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Patterson in August2012 was down slightly from last year.  The number o...
Comments 0
By DAdrea Davie, Stanislaus & San Joaquin Short Sale Agent
(Keller Williams Realty)
There are many advantages to purchasing a HUD Home. My NUMBER ONE reason is FHA home buyers who plan on occupying the home are often outbid by investors on REO properties. With HUD Homes Priority bidding is given to owner occupants (homebuyers that intend to occupy the property within 30 days) for the first 30 days of the property being listed. Purchasing a HUD Home in a Distressed Market. HUD Homes are Sold As-Is. And are not warranted. Before a HUD Home is listed, an inspection is completed and a Property Condition Report is given on the property. I would recommend home buyers bring a Professional Home Inspector upon viewing the HUD Home so you aware of any red flags before submitting a bid on the property. HUD Homes are typically considered “fixer-uppers,” however not all HUD Homes ...
Comments 0
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - July 2012 -Patterson Ca -    The sales figures for Patterson Ca for July 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Patterson.   Total Sales - 28  (40 Homes sold in July 2011) Bank owned Sales - 6  which was 21% of all sales. Short Sales - 10 which was 36% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 57% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Patterson during July 2012 was $35,000.    The highest price home sold in Patterson during July 2012 was $235,100 The median home price in Patterson during July 2012 was $159,900   The average days on the market was 47.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Patterson in July2012 was down significantly from last year.  For the second month in a row...
Comments 3
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Short Sales -  HOT, HOT, HOT! Just how hot is the Stanislaus County Short Sale market?   Well I am glad you asked.  Hopefully by now you have heard that the market is (has been) heating up.   The inventory of available homes is low and buyers are looking.   Multiple offers are now commonplace.   If you wait too long to pull the trigger to make an offer on a home you like, it might be too late.  The old saying "if you snooze you lose" is pretty appropriate right now.   We are definitely in a SELLERS MARKET now. Let me tell you about my latest Stanislaus County Short Sale experience.  Yesterday, Monday July the 23rd, I listed a nice home in Patterson Ca.  Of course it is a short sale.   It's a very nice four bedroom two bath single story home.   It's the kind of home tha...
Comments 3
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Home Sales - June 2012 -Patterson Ca -    The sales figures for Patterson Ca for June 2012 are in.  The totals below are for single family homes sold in Patterson.   Total Sales - 50  (41 Homes sold in June 2011) Bank owned Sales - 12  which was 24% of all sales. Short Sales - 13 which was 26% of all sales    Overall, distressed sales (Bank owned and short sales) made up 50% of all sales.   The lowest price home sold in Patterson during June 2012 was $82,000.    The highest price home sold in Patterson during June 2012 was $460,000 The median home price in Patterson during June 2012 was $150,0000   The average days on the market was 57.   As you can see the volume of home sales in Patterson in June 2012 was up from last year.  For the first time the number of short sal...
Comments 4
By Susan Goulding, Northern CA - Tracy & Mountain House Real Estate
(Crown Key Realty, Inc; Tracy & Mountain House Sales and Property Management)
Patterson, CA Patterson is ony 20 miles south of Tracy.  Patterson was a 'very far' bedroom community for the San Francisco Bay Aea, until the bubble burst.  Now familes don't want to pay the gas prices to commute to a home that is 50 -70% underwater. There is little employment IN PATTERSON, however, it appears that is all changing. The City Council of Pattersons is CLOSE to making a deal.  PROJECT X is what the Deal is called at this time.  Word is IF the "deal" gets out, it could derail. Yet, EVERYWHERE is the same speculation... Project X is Amazon. As reported by the San Jose Mercury News: Mercury News reports the following on speculation about the project: “Some have speculated that could mean Internet giant Amazon, which last year made a deal with Gov. Jerry Brown to create at lea...
Comments 5
By Jim Patton, Realtor - Stanislaus ,Merced, San Joaquin Counties
( Aspire Home Real Estate 209-404-0816)
Stanislaus County Short Sales - Patterson California   About 15 miles due west of my hometown of Turlock Ca is the town of Patterson Ca.  Patterson is well know around here for the hundreds of palm trees that line the street while entering the town from the east.   While it is true that Patterson grew like a weed during the "housing boom" it is still a small rural town by most standards. As of January 2009 the population of Patterson was 21,168.   This was an 82% increase from April 2000 when the population stood at 11,606.  A large part of the increase in population can be attributed to "Bay Area transplants".     Patterson Ca. is on the west side of the San Joaquin valley and offers easy access to the San Francisco Bay area.  During the early part of this century while houses were bei...
Comments 1
We knew we had a great property but we were very surprised that we received 10 offers all well over our asking price.  This was on a SFR in Patterson, CA.  Our research showed a strong rental market for this product that was selling for $500k+ at the peak of the market.  The replacement cost is much higher per sq.ft than the $154k we were asking.  With 20% down this cash flowed a little positive on a 30 yr.  We did not get a sniff on the investor market (o.k., a couple, but no offers).  Once we put on the MLS/owner occupied market we received 10 offers 10% or more over the $154k asking price within a 5 days.  All offers were from local owner occupied buyers. Here's a link to pics and property info: http://northpointgroup.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/2369089 We are hearing from our realtor...
Comments 9
By Michael Wayne Jackson, Broker - Seniors Real Estate Specialist Novato
(Coldwell Banker)
   Gorgeous home with 4 bedroom 3 bathrooms and a loft with approximatley 2062 living square feet in the Bright Home Development. Previously valued at $495k. Very quiet neighborhood, great neighbors, and located right accross the street from a huge park. Kitchen appliances, washer, and dryer will stay in the home. This area rents fast if you are purchasing for an investment. Subject to short sale approval.  Sale Price $199,950MLS # 40335792 Free Home Search
Comments 5
By Joseph Graham
(Exit Realty Consultants)
 Turkey TriviaThe turkey industry grosses over $1 billion a year.The average American consumes over 15 pounds of turkey per year.Americans consume over 675 million pounds of turkey on Thanksgiving Day.Turkey, like poultry, is lower in cholesterol than beef and many other meats. Thedark meat (thigh, legs,) contains more fat and cholesterol than white meat. So,that's why dark meat tastes so good!
Comments 0
Explore Patterson, CA
Patterson, CA Real Estate Professionals