Jane Peters, Los Angeles real estate concierge services (Home Jane Realty)

Spam prevention
Ryan Huggins - Thousand Oaks, CA
https://HugginsHomes.com - Thousand Oaks, CA
Residential Real Estate and Investment Properties

AAA covers all of my rentals.  Lloyd's of London will as well.  Best bet is to call a local insurance Broker and have them shop around for you.

Aug 14, 2022 06:21 PM
Tammy Lankford,
Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668 - Eatonton, GA
Broker GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville

Investment properties are getting tough and expensive to insure.  Just used foremost on one I had for sale, It was 2700 annually in GA which is crazy high as I only pay 1200 annually on my house which is twice the size.  But foremost may be an option, but I have a great broker who shops for the products we have for what's available and gives us options.

Aug 14, 2022 02:31 PM
Peter Mohylsky, Beach Expert
PMI. Destin - Miramar Beach, FL
Call me at 850-517-7098

it ss local dependent, check with an insurance broker.  

Aug 14, 2022 11:37 AM
Bob Crane
Woodland Management Service / Woodland Real Estate, KW Diversified - Stevens Point, WI
Forestland Experts! 715-204-9671

We use a local independent insurance broker who shops around for the best deals for us.

Aug 14, 2022 11:40 PM
John Juarez
The Medford Real Estate Team - Fremont, CA

Is the investment property a condo or single family dwelling? Insurance needs should be quite different depending on the answer to that question.

I suggest that your client should shop a couple of other brokers and not just one insurance company. Perhaps offering to switch the current insured property and, maybe, auto coverage to a new company would be a win for your client.

Aug 14, 2022 01:32 PM
Wanda Kubat-Nerdin - Wanda Can!
Red Rock Real Estate (435) 632-9374 - St. George, UT
St. George Utah Area Residential Sales Agent

Allstate covers condo owners and has renter's insurance as well.

Aug 14, 2022 12:31 PM
Jane Peters
Home Jane Realty - Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles real estate concierge services

That is to say, my client has Allstate on her current condo but they are iffy about insuring an investment property she is buying.

Aug 14, 2022 11:03 AM
Wayne Martin
Wayne M Martin - Chicago, IL
Real Estate Broker - Retired

It is usually a state by state thing but try The Hartford! They are usually much less than State Farm.

Aug 15, 2022 04:02 AM
Nina Hollander, Broker
Coldwell Banker Realty - Charlotte, NC
Your Greater Charlotte Realtor

I would call a top local insurance broker and let them do some shopping for policies for you.

Aug 15, 2022 03:57 AM
Jeff Pearl
RE/MAX Distinctive / LIC in VA - Lovettsville, VA
Full Service Full Time Realtor

Check with Nationwide

Aug 14, 2022 02:32 PM
Kathleen Daniels, Probate & Trust Specialist
KD Realty - 408.972.1822 - San Jose, CA
Probate Real Estate Services

Why would Allstate not cover a condo that is being rented? 

An HO6 policy is standard in California for a condo. The owner has an HO6 and tenants get renters insurance for their personal property. 

Aug 14, 2022 01:41 PM
Thomas J. Nelson, REALTOR ® e-Pro CRS RCS-D Vets
Big Block Realty 858.232.8722 - La Jolla, CA
CEO of Vision Drive Realty - Coastal San Diego

 I have used State Farm and Farmers for decades on my rentals.

Leonard "Len" Agosta
Farmers Ins & LAA Agency, Inc



(619) 583-8500

Aug 15, 2022 05:27 AM
Tony Lewis
Summit Real Estate Group - Valencia, CA
Summit Real Estate Group Valencia & Aliso Viejo

Try Farmers Insurance.  They work well for us out here.

Aug 15, 2022 11:34 AM
Richie Alan Naggar
people first...then business Ran Right Realty - Riverside, CA
agent & author

Mind the small print especially in tenant coverage. Then, consider the tenant getting their own as a condition of the tenancy naming owner or agent onto the policy. Today, with all the fires, covid etc., they fight you over every claim

Aug 15, 2022 09:37 AM
Caroline Gerardo
Licensed in 20 states - Newport Beach, CA
C. G. Barbeau the Loan Lady nmls 324982

AAA, State Farm, LLoyds, Liberty, 

I would call Spencer Tyler at Goosehead Insurance and have him shop coverage. 

The Condo HOA might be the problem- either # of claims, in fire zone, near brush hillside, high percent of rentals... Run a Clue report on the subject before they shop and find out the reason why. 

Aug 15, 2022 08:26 AM
Brian England
Ambrose Realty Management LLC - Gilbert, AZ
MBA, GRI, REALTOR® Real Estate in East Valley AZ

I haven't dealt with rentals but I would be surprised if it wasn't pretty much the same for all insurance carriers.  Weird that Allstate doesn't cover it unless you are talking about a short-term rental and that might be different.

Aug 15, 2022 04:46 AM