Spam prevention
Susan Emo
Sotheby's International Realty Canada - Brokerage - Kingston, ON
Kingston and the 1000 Islands Area

No. And I would have no intention of working on a scheduled holiday either.


Jul 02, 2016 03:27 AM
Michael Setunsky
Woodbridge, VA
Your Commercial Real Estate Link to Northern VA

Debbie Reynolds No showings on the holiday means no showings on the holiday. The seller may make an exception for you the listing agent.

Jul 02, 2016 01:52 AM
Lyn Sims
Schaumburg, IL
Real Estate Broker Retired

I would let the sellers make the decision & 'holiday' should not mean multiple days of no showings. Maybe just the 4th itself.

Jul 02, 2016 03:47 AM
Lottie Kendall
Compass - San Francisco, CA
Helping make your real estate dreams a reality

If the buyer is pre-qualified and ready to buy, I'd let the seller know and hope they would allow a showing. They need to know the risk they're running if they can't/won't make the showing possible. It's our duty to inform, their responsibility to decide.

Jul 02, 2016 03:23 AM
Wayne Zuhl
Remax First Realty II - Cranford, NJ
The Last Name You'll Ever Need in Real Estate

When your home is on the market, taking days off could mean not selling it. I'd do my best to convince them to squeeze a showing into their busy weekend.

Jul 02, 2016 02:43 AM
Nina Hollander, Broker
Coldwell Banker Realty - Charlotte, NC
Your Greater Charlotte Realtor

Generally no. If my sellers say no showings on a specific holiday there is a reason for it.

Jul 02, 2016 11:39 PM
Youree Lundy
Keller Williams Advantage III Realty - Orlando, FL
Your Realtor For Life

Lets face it, all of the buyers are ready to buy.  The real question to put to the agent bringing the buyer relates to where they are from.  Is this buyer in town and the holiday is their very last day in the city?  Are they on a "must buy on this trip" timetable?  (I have been in this situation before - one trip to find a home).  If they are local, I will absolutely ask them to wait and will not bother my seller.  If this is a critical buying trip, I will ask my seller and let them decide.  After all, it is their gain or loss!

Jul 02, 2016 05:59 AM
Jeff Dowler, CRS
eXp Realty of California, Inc. - Carlsbad, CA
The Southern California Relocation Dude

I would do the best I can

Jul 02, 2016 02:14 AM
Richie Alan Naggar
people first...then business Ran Right Realty - Riverside, CA
agent & author

You never know who is the "one'...No mixed messages. For sale or not?

Jul 02, 2016 02:01 AM
Troy Erickson AZ Realtor (602) 295-6807
HomeSmart - Chandler, AZ
Your Chandler, Ahwatukee, and East Valley Realtor

Debbie - If the buyer was pre-qualified, and you knew they were ready to buy immediately, then I would try to ask the sellers if they would make an exception. It is completely up to them, but if they want their home sold, it has to be available to buyers when they are available.

Jul 06, 2016 08:45 AM
Roy Kelley
Retired - Gaithersburg, MD

I would try to convince them to allow a showing.

Jul 03, 2016 02:11 AM
Michael Jacobs
Pasadena, CA
Pasadena And Southern California 818.516.4393

I think it's all about timing and that important upfront discussion about showings.   Are there going to be any showing restrictions?  What are they and why are they important?   What will you do if someone wants to show your home.....?    

Through listening and a dialog, the answer will surface.   

Last minute showings are very different than someone who calls a few days or a week in advance letting you know there will be buyer in town on a limited schedule.  The answer depends on a lot of different circumstances.


Jul 03, 2016 01:53 AM
Tony and Suzanne Marriott, Associate Brokers
Serving the Greater Phoenix and Scottsdale Metropolitan Area - Scottsdale, AZ
Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty

No. What Susan Emo said.... In spades!

Jul 03, 2016 12:00 AM
Susan Haughton
Long and Foster REALTORS (703) 470-4545 - Alexandria, VA
Susan & Mindy Team...Honesty. Integrity. Results.

I would certainly let them know about the request and respect their decision.

Jul 02, 2016 11:54 PM
Wayne Martin
Wayne M Martin - Chicago, IL
Real Estate Broker - Retired

After some questions to the buyer, yes if I thinks it may be a good fit!

Jul 02, 2016 11:35 PM
Scott Godzyk
Godzyk Real Estate Services - Manchester, NH
One of the Manchester NH's area Leading Agents

I tell all my sellers up front about the possibility of those pop up quick and no notice showings and why we should show it before it happens. 

Jul 02, 2016 11:08 PM
Raymond E. Camp
Ontario, NY

If they are commited to selling the ho and this would probably have a couple of days notice so there is no excuse not will be available to show

Jul 02, 2016 10:45 PM
Silvia Dukes PA, Broker Associate, CRS, CIPS, SRES
Tropic Shores Realty - Ich spreche Deutsch! - Spring Hill, FL
Florida Waterfront and Country Club Living

I would let buyer/buyer's agent know of sellers request and I would let seller know of the possible showing, then let them make the decision. 

Jul 02, 2016 10:33 PM
Gita Bantwal
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - Warwick, PA
REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County & Philadel


Jul 02, 2016 09:33 PM
Jennifer Mackay
Counts Real Estate Group, Inc. - Panama City, FL
Your Bay County Florida Realtor 850.774.6582

Depends - do you really know how serious the buyer is because you have the buyer? If so, yes I would try to persuade.

If not, I would ask the seller but not try to persuade and let them make the decision

Jul 02, 2016 09:18 PM
Praful Thakkar
LAER Realty Partners - Andover, MA
Andover, MA: Andover Luxury Homes For Sale

Debbie Reynolds - this is unique. In this case, I'd convince seller - as long as buyer is serious (find out from the buyer's agent) -  to show the home and let buyer know that

1) This should be a quick showing as the seller wants to spend time with family and guests and

2) The seller may be at home - no direct interactions, please...

Jul 02, 2016 03:57 PM
Noah Seidenberg
Coldwell Banker - Evanston, IL
Chicagoland and Suburbs (800) 858-7917

You have to do the best you can and if it is not accepted, try another time.

Jul 02, 2016 03:21 PM
Tammy Lankford,
Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668 - Eatonton, GA
Broker GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville

Not always.  Had an agent call for an appointment today.  Sellers were having a wedding reception so I certainly didn't push it.  Buyers said they would see it "next trip" which means they are not going to write an offer today anyway

Jul 02, 2016 01:54 PM
Patricia Kennedy
RLAH@Properties - Washington, DC
Home in the Capital

Only if it's a great house!

Jul 02, 2016 12:48 PM
Diana Zaccaro Broker Associate
Tropical Beachside - Cocoa Beach, FL
"The Accidental Blogger" Cocoa Beach, Florida

I would present the request to my seller and let them decide. And I have shown property on the 4th to out of town buyers who had to leave the next day.

Jul 02, 2016 10:42 AM
Allie Angeloni
Long Realty - Oro Valley, AZ

I would mention it to the seller, and let them decide.  It could be 'no showings' because of a planned Family Reunion on a holiday, or it could be because they were spending all day in their jammies!  It is their choice and I would definitely ask, since my seller is my client and they want to get their home sold Debbie Reynolds

Jul 02, 2016 09:25 AM
Ron and Alexandra Seigel
Napa Consultants - Carpinteria, CA
Luxury Real Estate Branding, Marketing & Strategy


I agreee with Susan Emo .  When we were selling our home, and agent told us she wanted to show it on Thanksgiving Day, and gave me the same story that this was the only day they could see it...We had family coming over, etc.  Our answer was NO!  A

Jul 02, 2016 09:18 AM
Barbara Todaro
RE/MAX Executive Realty - Happily Retired - Franklin, MA
Previously Affiliated with The Todaro Team

yes.... especially if the home is not a typical one that sells easily....

Jul 02, 2016 08:16 AM
Kathleen Daniels, Probate & Trust Specialist
KD Realty - 408.972.1822 - San Jose, CA
Probate Real Estate Services

I advise the seller and give them the option to reconsider. First and foremost I want to honor my clients. 

Jul 02, 2016 07:59 AM
Marco Giancola
Beachfront Realty - Miami Beach, FL
Realtor (305)608-1922, Miami Beach Florida

Not dragging me away from my well made plans on a national holiday-sorry 

Jul 02, 2016 07:53 AM
Dick Greenberg
New Paradigm Partners LLC - Fort Collins, CO
Northern Colorado Residential Real Estate

H Debbie - Absolutely. We've been on both sides of that one, and can usually get a showing, but not always - missed opportunity.

Jul 02, 2016 06:50 AM
Bob Crane
Woodland Management Service / Woodland Real Estate, KW Diversified - Stevens Point, WI
Forestland Experts! 715-204-9671

Let them know the situation and let them decide.

Jul 02, 2016 06:11 AM
Sandy Padula & Norm Padula, JD, GRI
HomeSmart Realty West & Florida Realty Investments - , CA
Presence, Persistence & Perseverance

Of course, but alert the buyer's agent that success is not guaranteed due to the short notice.

Jul 02, 2016 05:08 AM
Gabe Sanders
Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales - Stuart, FL
Stuart Florida Real Estate

I would certainly try.

Jul 02, 2016 04:16 AM
Ryan Huggins - Thousand Oaks, CA - Thousand Oaks, CA
Residential Real Estate and Investment Properties

Typically, there is a good reason for "no showing" instructions.  If I'm representing the buyer, I'd know this timing issue ahead of time and I'd ask the seller for an exception.  If none is granted, then so be it.


Jul 02, 2016 04:11 AM
Fred Griffin Florida Real Estate
Fred Griffin Real Estate - Tallahassee, FL
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker

  If it is Mark Zuckerburg or Donald Trump, sure.   Joe Blow, ain't happening - come back tomorrow.

Jul 02, 2016 04:10 AM
Toronto, ON

The brokerage's front office desk books the showings.  If my seller had instructed that there were to be no showings at a specific time then the front desk would advise the caller accordingly.  The seller would have been advised upfront of the issues of restricting availability.

Jul 02, 2016 03:28 AM
Sam Shueh
(408) 425-1601 - San Jose, CA
mba, cdpe, reopro, pe

I have.... Only if they have a preapproval letter.  

Jul 02, 2016 03:20 AM
Will Hamm
Hamm Homes - Aurora, CO
"Where There's a Will, There's a Way!"

I would still try and make it a short time period.

Jul 02, 2016 02:39 AM
Chrissi Chapman Topoleski
Coldwell Banker Realty - Woodbridge, VA
Helping agents live an exceptional life!

I would do my best! This could be the buyer they are waiting for.

Jul 02, 2016 01:35 AM