Subscribe to Answers
That usually backfires for me ! They fall in love with something they can not have !
Michael J. Perry
This has happened to me lately, and called the listing agent, and did get in.
If my clients wants to I will ask but not until my client understands all the ins and outs of doing so
Have to agree with Michael Perry on this one!
William Feela it all depends on the interest the buyers have in this property.
if it's pending no I don't show it. If it's expired I always try to go ahead and show it. "off market" can mean different things.
No, while there is other interest in the property my negotiating position is rather poor. I have bought some after the original deal fell through, but I did not get interested until the right time.
Yes. I call the listing agent and ask about the offer and what they can tell me. If it's one my buyers really want, I would show it and educate my buyers about the situation. It's up to the buyers whether they want to make a backup offer.
There is plenty of inventory in my market so most buyers do not want to bother with back up offers and want ot move on. I let the buyer make the call.
No. I would not do that. I would tell my client that I will email the LA and ask them to let me know if they foresee any issues with transaction ... then we write a backup if my clients have not found something else.
No. I don't think it's a good thing to play with my buyer's emotions.
Definitely - just showed 2 this afternoon. I still want to walk through w/my buyer, if it's perfect, then I know exactly what to look for. Or put in a backup. Deals fall through all the time...
I'd ask the buyer if they are still interested in seeing it. If so, I'd show it if possible.
That is how I purchased the house in which I currently live.
The listing agent should recognize this as the BEST way to keep the primary buyer from doing something stupid.
No, I dont show properties that are Active Contingent and no longer available. I also dont show houses that are not for sale, not built yet, etc...If the client "loved" it, then we should have got in there sooner. In rare cases I have shown, it fell thru and we made an offer. Not a big fan of back up offers either, if it falls thru, come back with an offer and get the best deal I can for the buyer I represent.
I would definitely talk to the listing agent, and see if they are taking back up offers. A
Yes, I would call to find out what is going on and act accordingly.
I would speak to the listing agent and depending on the circumstances I might.
Depends if my buyer is really interested I would contact agent and offer a back up contract once my client understood the situation.
Depends on how much my clients want that property. If they want to make a backup offer then yes, I call.
No. If it's off the market with a real offer, then there is no point in showing it. I'd call the agent and feel them out about the offer. I've had people show my listings after calling me and being told the offer is solid. So much to the point where I took the keysafe off! It was stupid and I filed them under "idiot" in my rolodex.
Sounds like it has an accepted offer and all contingencies have been removed so I would move on.
I'd explain the situation and if buyers REALLY are interested I would inquire about the status of the contract. Some agents, especially if escrow seems shaky, and sellers says OK, will allow showings. But it might simply better to move on
William Feela As long as the buyer's understand they may not get the property.
No. Move on to another property.
It depends on why it went off the market. Is it no longer for sale? or did it go under contract?
That's up to my Buyers but I will always ask if they're willing to see it. You never know how the transaction might head if you do't give it a try.
listing agents like backup offers....if I were a buyer's agent, I'd be on to the next home....no backups...no showings....
Men fall in love with some women who are just married to another person.
I get yelled at properties they did not want to see until it is gone. How come you did not show me this and that. Go away!
I would make the call to the listing agent.
I would call the agent to find out why it was taken off the market - either they decided not to move, or they have an accepted purchase agreement. That would determine if it was available to show, to begin with . . . William Feela.
Only if our buyers really wanted to see it...
I try and often do for comparison and back up possibilities
Sure! Deals fall out all the time, and a backup in place is good for all. I would not stop looking, though - and don't forget to withdraw the backup if you go UC with another home.
Move on to the next home.