Special offer

Spam prevention
Rainmaker
1,670,196
John McCormack, CRS
Albuquerque Homes Realty - Albuquerque, NM
Honesty, Integrity, Results, Experienced. HIRE Me!

They make my phone ring but not about real estate.

Jun 10, 2015 09:19 PM
Rainmaker
2,538,663
Joe Petrowsky
Mortgage Consultant, Right Trac Financial Group, Inc. NMLS # 2709 - Manchester, CT
Your Mortgage Consultant for Life

Good morning Evelyn. I post on the "Patch" all the time, it continues to pay dividends, so will keep doing it. It would be a must if I was in the real estate business.

Jun 10, 2015 07:42 PM
Rainmaker
1,734,027
Sandy Padula & Norm Padula, JD, GRI
HomeSmart Realty West & Florida Realty Investments - , CA
Presence, Persistence & Perseverance

We will be doing more of them now that we have a newer, updated website. I hope they cultivate business.

Jun 10, 2015 11:38 PM
Rainmaker
3,416,113
Scott Godzyk
Godzyk Real Estate Services - Manchester, NH
One of the Manchester NH's area Leading Agents

They are long lasting and reach new potential clients every day, the only down fall is the people who dont read them all and see a number calling asking what time does the street festival start thinking i am the customer service line for that event, 

Jun 10, 2015 09:47 PM
Rainmaker
699,277
Chris and Dick Dovorany
Homes for Sale in Naples, Bonita Springs and Estero, Florida - Naples, FL
Broker/Associate at Premiere Plus Realty

In our resort market they are very important.  I have no clue what other agents are doing in my area, I do not track anyone.

Jun 10, 2015 09:02 PM
Rainmaker
2,224,473
Debbie Laity
Cedaredge Land Company - Cedaredge, CO
Your Real Estate Resource for Delta County, CO

They don't bring me the business, but my market reports do. Although I have had clients remark on my localism posts, and they enjoy them. That makes me happy and want to do more of them. 

Jun 10, 2015 04:18 PM
Rainer
305,560
Tammy Adams ~ Realtor / Podcaster
Maricopa Real Estate Co - Maricopa, AZ
A Maricopa Agent who Works, Lives & Loves Maricopa

I have a love hate with them. However, I am not trying to mix my posts to include 1 or 2 a week now. 

Jun 10, 2015 03:03 PM
Rainmaker
1,771,867
Noah Seidenberg
Coldwell Banker - Evanston, IL
Chicagoland and Suburbs (800) 858-7917

I think it is as important as it gets Evelyn. I have people around town who mention reading them often.

Jun 10, 2015 01:42 PM
Rainmaker
3,986,308
William Feela
WHISPERING PINES REALTY - North Branch, MN
Realtor, Whispering Pines Realty 651-674-5999 No.

I don't really worry about others, I just work what does well for me every day,

Jun 10, 2015 01:35 PM
Rainer
61,641
Renee Paray
Coldwell Banker Realty - Blue Bell, PA
REALTOR

I just attended a social media conference. They spoke on how you should be blogging about localism approx. 90% of the time and save your RE to the remaining 10%. 

Jun 10, 2015 11:46 PM
Rainmaker
972,493
Frank Rubi
Frank Rubi Real Estate, LLC - Metairie, LA
FrankRubiRealEstate.com

They work to get calls about the local post. 

Jun 10, 2015 09:55 PM
Rainmaker
2,818,274
Debbie Gartner
The Flooring Girl - White Plains, NY
The Flooring Girl & Blog Stylist -Dynamo Marketers

No, not relevant for me at all.  For most, it is periphery and very indirect route.  I think for most, it's more of a distraction and your time is better served writing directly about real estate - why it's great to live in xyz (supported w/ real estate facts), market reports, FAQ's etc.  i.e. the stuff people are googling about when they are considering or are ready to buy.

Jun 10, 2015 08:41 PM
Rainmaker
2,759,862
TeamCHI - Complete Home Inspections, Inc.
Complete Home Inspections, Inc. - Brentwood, TN
Home Inspectons - Nashville, TN area - 615.661.029

Good morning Evelyn. I do not really know. I did them for awhile. No results.

Jun 10, 2015 07:07 PM
Rainmaker
4,800,132
Gabe Sanders
Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales - Stuart, FL
Stuart Florida Real Estate

It is important and others are doing them as well.

Feb 12, 2019 07:41 AM
Rainmaker
3,072,135
Tony and Suzanne Marriott, Associate Brokers
Serving the Greater Phoenix and Scottsdale Metropolitan Area - Scottsdale, AZ
Coldwell Banker Realty

TeamCHI nailed this one!

Apr 15, 2018 05:46 AM
Rainmaker
7,934,953
Roy Kelley
Retired - Gaithersburg, MD

Localisms are always popular reading. Everybody wants to know about local activities, restaurants and community facilities.

Write localisms that you will also use as content in emails to your database.

Jun 11, 2015 01:15 AM