Addison, Texas is a small but mighty town. Each July 3rd, we celebrate our nation's independence with a top rated fireworks show, Kaboom Town. This year, Kaboom Town ranks #2 on the list of fireworks displays, second only to the one in Washington D.C.
Admission is free to Addison Circle Park, but space is limited. It is advisable to get there early. The park opens at 4:00 pm and the festivities begin at 5:00 pm. The fireworks are visible throughout the town, and many restaurant host watch parties.
If you come to the park, here are some do's and don'ts:
- Bags not to exceed 12"x12"x6". All bags will be searched, please leave these items at home to avoid delayed entry.
- Coolers not to exceed 16"x20"x12".
- Strollers, children's wagons and wheelchairs.
- Personal umbrellas not to exceed 65" in diameter.
- Outside food & beverage (outside alcohol not permitted.)
- Collapsible lawn chairs
- Small portable radios
- Medically-Necessary Supplies. Must be in prescription packaging with photo ID.
Items NOT ALLOWED
- NO pop-up tents or shade structures
- NO coolers larger than 16”x20”x12”
- NO bags larger than 12”x12”x6”
- NO over-sized chairs or lawn/household furniture
- NO pets or other animals
- NO outside alcohol beverages
- NO illegal weapons, knives or sharp objects
- NO open flames or grills
- NO laser pointers
- NO fireworks or explosives
- NO drones
- NO computers or laptops
- NO illegal substances
Everyone entering the park will have to go through a strict screening process. You'll be asked to get rid of any prohibited items. A check station for holding items in NOT available.
The fireworks are launched at dust, approximately 9:30 pm, from the south end of the Addison Airport runway.
Free parking is available at the parking garages on Arapaho at the Dallas North Tollway.
So come out and show your patriotic spirit at the 2nd best fireworks show in the United States, on the 3rd of July, to celebrate our July 4th Independence Day.